Rethinking educational materials from a co-creation point of view
Giving students and the professional field a voice in educational materials
In this course, educators from all across Europe come together for one week in Ghent to reflect on the future of educational materials from a co-creation point of view. In a first part, participants will be challenged to broaden their view on how we can actively engage students and give them a voice in our course material. This question will be tackled from an educational, organisational and technical point of view. In the second part of the course, the participants get the opportunity to redesign one of their own courses by applying co-creation ideas and techniques.
This program is offered to a limited number of UGent researchers/educators as part of the European Erasmus+ project CoCOS. The course will be attended by fellow educators from Slovenia, Bulgaria, the Netherlands and Spain.
Participation in the course is rewarded with two transferable skill credits by the UGent doctoral schools: one credit in the cluster career management and one in the cluster communication skills. Note that the two parts of the course cannot be followed separately.
Part 1: Active learning through co-creation: why and how
- 04/02/2019 – welcome and focus on co-creation concept, exchange of opinions, good practices
- 05/02/2019 – examples of co-creation in institutions with visit and keynote
Part 2: Rethinking your course from a co-creation perspective
- 06/02/2019 – co-creation methodology in adult education: practical approach, development and discussion
- 07/02/2019 – co-creation materials: design and development, drafts and discussion
- 08/02/2019 – presentation of developed material, feedback and evaluation
- No attendance fee is required