Rethinking educational materials from a co-creation point of view
Giving students and the professional field a voice in educational materials
In this course, educators from all across Europe come together for one week in Ghent to reflect on the future of educational materials from a co-creation point of view. In a first part, participants will be challenged to broaden their view on how we can actively engage students and give them a voice in our course material. This question will be tackled from an educational, organisational and technical point of view. In the second part of the course, the participants get the opportunity to redesign one of their own courses by applying co-creation ideas and techniques.
This program is offered to a limited number of UGent researchers/educators as part of the European Erasmus+ project CoCOS. The course will be attended by fellow educators from Slovenia, Bulgaria, the Netherlands and Spain.
Date, time and venue
The activities will start at 9.30 and finish at 16.30 with a lunch break from 12.30 until 13.30 with a coffee break in the morning and in the afternoon.
Day 1 (04/02/2019)
Campus Kantienberg, Voetweg 66, 9000 Gent
- Getting to know each other
- Recap of the online training
- Tools for co-creation
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 (05/02/2019 — 08/02/2018)
Campus Hoogpoort, Hoogpoort 15, 9000 Gent
- Day 2: Tuesday 05/02/2019: Define the challenge and produce solutions (lunch provided – budget friendly welcome diner at own cost with all participants at a restaurant in the city center)
- Day 3: Wednesday 06/02/2019: Vote on solutions and storyboarding (lunch provided)
- Day 4: Thursday 07/02/2019: Build your prototype (lunch provided – budget friendly welcome diner at own cost with all participants at a restaurant in the city center)
- Day 5: Friday 08/02/2019: Stakeholder testing and goodbyes (lunch provided)